Scuba Diving in the Philippines – that should be one of the aims of the adventurous backpacker or traveler who wants to discover all the amazing diving places in the world.
Would you like to know the reasons for this? Read through all the interesting facts about scuba diving in the Philippines.
- The Philippines has been dubbed by the expert travelers as the “center of the world’s marine life biodiversity,” specifically an area between the Mindoro Island and the Mainland Luzon. What’s more, it is also labeled as the underwater museum of the sea’s natural art life displaying the diverse marine life.
- The entire archipelago comprising the Philippines offers all-year round travel and diving destinations. In fact, there are a hundred of dive shops open daily to cater professional divers, recreational dives and those who are just starting to try the sport.
- The country is one of the major players in the Coral Triangle as defined by the WWF as “A Place of Unrivaled Richness, Beauty and Importance,” as well as “The Nursery of the Seas” owing to the interspersed and colorful reefs in some parts of the country yet untouched.
- Five of the species of the marine turtles, or “pawikan” in Filipino, are encountered by divers while exploring the Philippine waters. These species or pawikan are the Green, Hawksbill, Olive Ridley, Loggerhead and the Leatherback, which is the largest marine turtle in the country.
- Sea slugs called “nudibranchs” are found by divers in the Philippine seas. There are hundreds of “nudibranchs” scattered in locations such as the Sinandigan Wall, which is also called Nudibranch Paradise in Puerto Galera.
- There are numerous diving sites in the country which would take more than a year to fully appreciate by divers. Some of these are Sabang in Puerto Galera, Coron in Palawan, Malapascua in Cebu, Anilao in Batangas and Balicasag in Bohol, among others.
- There are trips that offer a so-called Visayan Safari where most of the exciting diving sites are found. These may include Tubbataha Reef located in the southernmost part of the Philippines.
These facts are just to enchant you with the amazing tour in the Philippines – a country so blessed with stunning beaches and exhilarating diving sites that would lead you coming back for more. So, the next time you consider to scuba dive, visit Philippines, deemed as one of the most amazing diving sites in the world, and experience how beautiful the country is, especially if the activity, scuba diving in the Philippines is highlighted.